District Commandant, Block Organizer gang-rape lady home-guard
Lucknow: A lady home-guard has accused her District Commandant and Block Organiser (BO) of gang-raping her. The victim has allegedly complained about the matter to several senior officials and ministers but they seem to be defending the suspects rather than taking an action against them. The victim has alleged that the department denies to lodge an FIR against the District Commandant and BO. The victim also claimed to be receiving frequent life-threats from suspects.
- Lady home-guard, Pooja (not her real name) is posted at the residence of District Magistrate (DM) of Mau.
- One day, Pooja couldn't reach office on time due to punctured vehicle and she was marked absent.
- When Pooja objected to the matter, BO, Gulab Singh advised her to meet District Commandant Home-guard, Arun Kumar singh and settle the ongoing issue.
- Gulab Singh, thereafter, took Pooja to a deserted house nearby where he claimed she could meet the District Commandant.
- Gulab Singh assaulted Pooja soon as she entered the house.
- When Pooja tried to run away, Singh pushed and locked her in a room.
- Pooja alleged that she found Arun Kumar with a woman when she fell back in the room.
- Gulab Singh and Arun Kumar then, gang-raped Pooja and also tried to kill her.
- She could somehow succeed to run and escape but she got badly injured and her uniform tore.
- A clerk of the department made Pooja sign a blank paper as the process of investigation.
- He excluded the name of the commandant from the complain letter and sent it to the State Commission for Women and senior officials of the department.
- Pooja resent the letter when she was informed about this.
- Pooja has alleged that the suspects have exploited many girls luring them into employment.
- According to Pooja, the girls were exploited, harassed and threatened to be left jobless or killed on raising their voices.
- The Superintendent of police (SP), Mau, Shiv prasad Upadhyay said that an investigation is ongoing and the truth would be out soon.