Ashiana Gangrape: Ten years RI, 20K fine to Gaurav Shukla
Lucknow: Gaurav Shukla, the prime accused in the 11-year-old infamous Ashiana gang rape case of Lucknow, was slapped with 10 years of rigorous imprisonment (RI) by the fast track court (FTC) on Monday.
FTC judge Anil Kumar Shukla pronounced the sentence at around 1200 hours. A fine of Rs 20,000 was also imposed on him.
The court on the last hearing had pronounced Gaurav Shukla guilty in the gangrape case and was booked under section 376 and others of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
The case so far:
- A fast track court (FTC) on Wednesday, April 13, held Gaurav Shukla, the main accused of infamous 11-year-old Ashiana gang rape case of Lucknow, guilty.
- The HC had directed concerned officials to complete trial within three months.
- Gaurav Shukla raped the minor girl in May 2005 in Ashiana area of Lucknow district in Uttar Pradesh.
- He was declared an adult during the time of committing crime by the court in March 2015.
- The girl was abducted on May 2, 2005 by four youth in Ashiyana locality.
- They also beat her and burned her with cigarette butts.
- She was gang raped by a group of six in a moving car.
- She was repeatedly raped at a farm house of one of the accused.
- They even threatened the girl of dire consequences.
- She was dropped by them at a secluded street in night.
- She reached her home with the help of a passer by.
- Two accused Aman Bakshi and Bhartendu Mishra – were sentenced to 10 years imprisonment in 2007.
- Other accused, Saurabh Jain and Asif Siddiqui, died in a road accident while Faizan was awarded life term in January, 2013.
- The sentence against Gaurav is pending in the trial court.