Tata Steel branded business to grow at 10% in FY'20
Tata Steel expects its branded steel sales to retail and MSME sector to grow by 10 per cent in the current fiscal, amid slowdown in the economy, officials said on Friday. The company's branded products, about 4.4 million tonne, are sold through distributors and dealers network.
Kolkata: Tata Steel expects its branded steel sales to retail and MSME sector to grow by 10 per cent in the current fiscal, amid slowdown in the economy, officials said on Friday. The company's branded products, about 4.4 million tonne, are sold through distributors and dealers network.
Consumption is almost equally distributed among both retail and MSMEs.
"Our branded steel business is growing at 10 per cent even though the sector is expanding by only 5 per cent," Tata Steel chief marketing and sales (branded products) Sanjay S Sahni told PTI.
"We will finish the year with a 10 per cent growth in FY'20 and we expect similar growth in the next year also," he said.
He was speaking on the sidelines of Manufacturing & MSME Conclave, organised by The Bengal Chamber of Commerce.
Approximately 8,000 Tata Steel MSME customers consume 2.4 million tonne of steel per year.
Sahni said the total distributed (branded) steel business is worth Rs 20,000 crore and the company is continuously deepening product portfolio to suit customer demand.
"We will be adding three more products in the coated segment as the demand is rising," he said.
Sahni said the coronavirus scare should end by March. Tata Steel offers hosts of brands for retail and MSMEs. The company also offers a platform for finance and supply chain planning fort MSMEs.
- Monkeypox virus disease outbreak: New cases 'only tip of iceberg' but no urgent need for mass vaccinations, says WHO
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah actress Disha Vakani aka Daya ben blessed with a baby boy
- Don't make them dirty: Kejriwal's appeal as he flags off 150 e-buses for Delhi
- 'Tears in my eyes': Kejriwal lauds Punjab CM for sacking 'corrupt' minister
- Traders protest against removal of encroachment near Shri Krishna Janmabhoomi in Mathura
- Amidst pressure from China, Quad leaders meeting in Tokyo; America, Japan, Australia and India are participating
- Rules bar worship at 'non-living places', says govt over namaz at Qutub Minar
- Sensex opens 88 points above in early deals, trades at 54,376; Nifty above 16,240-mark
- Box Office: Yash starrer KGF 2 breaks existing records of Kannada films in Canada
- Meet the Top Teachers of the World: Super 30's Anand Kumar and Mathematics Guru RK Srivastava