Share Market: Sensex, Nifty close at the highest gain on bank stocks
The Bombay Stock Exchange Sensex opened with a gain of 380 points at 42,273 in the morning. During the afternoon trade, the Sensex set a new record of 42,598.64.
New Delhi: The stock markets of the country have attained new heights after about 10 months. This is a major achievement in the Corona era and the markets are believed to have breathed a sigh of relief after the US elections were over. Earlier in March, the domestic markets recorded the biggest drop of a decade.
At a record height of 12,458.45
Sensex opened with a gain of 380 points:
The Bombay Stock Exchange Sensex opened with a gain of 380 points at 42,273 in the morning. During the afternoon trade, the Sensex set a new record of 42,598.64. Similarly, the Nifty reached a record high of 12,458.45.
New peak of 42,598.64
Bumper buying of shares has pushed the BSE Sensex to a new peak of 42,598.64, while the Nifty 50 index has also set a new record of 12,458.45. The Nifty and the Sensex have gained up to 66 per cent from the March 23 lows. According to the BSE, this boom has increased the wealth of investors by Rs 63 lakh crore.
Since January 20, 13 stocks have doubled investors' money. Alok Industries has jumped 718 percent in this list. The company was bought by Reliance Industries and JM Financial ARC in the bankruptcy process.
Alok Industries is followed by Adani Green Energy, Laurus Labs, Alkyl Amans, Granules India, Birlasoft, Dixon Technologies, IndiMart, Naveen Fluorine, Tata Communications, Vaibhav Global, JB Chemicals and Thyrocare Technologies.
During this period, 300 companies of BSE 500 index have reduced the wealth of investors. Topping the list are Future Retail and Future Consumer, who have dived 80 per cent and 72 per cent respectively. All the companies of Future Group are caught in the ongoing tussle between Amazon and Reliance Industries.
- Monkeypox virus disease outbreak: New cases 'only tip of iceberg' but no urgent need for mass vaccinations, says WHO
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah actress Disha Vakani aka Daya ben blessed with a baby boy
- Don't make them dirty: Kejriwal's appeal as he flags off 150 e-buses for Delhi
- 'Tears in my eyes': Kejriwal lauds Punjab CM for sacking 'corrupt' minister
- Traders protest against removal of encroachment near Shri Krishna Janmabhoomi in Mathura
- Amidst pressure from China, Quad leaders meeting in Tokyo; America, Japan, Australia and India are participating
- Rules bar worship at 'non-living places', says govt over namaz at Qutub Minar
- Sensex opens 88 points above in early deals, trades at 54,376; Nifty above 16,240-mark
- Box Office: Yash starrer KGF 2 breaks existing records of Kannada films in Canada
- Meet the Top Teachers of the World: Super 30's Anand Kumar and Mathematics Guru RK Srivastava