Petrol Diesel Price Today: Fuel rates continue to surge for third straight day, Check!
Petrol has become costlier by 35 paise per liter, the price of diesel has also increased by the same. With this increase, petrol has now increased to Rs 106.89 per liter in Delhi.
New Delhi: Petrol and diesel rates were hiked again on Friday. While petrol has become costlier by 35 paise per liter, the price of diesel has also increased by the same. With this increase, petrol has now increased to Rs 106.89 per liter in Delhi.
At the same time, diesel has also become Rs 95.62 per liter. This has pushed fuel prices to record levels. Earlier on Thursday, the prices of petrol and diesel were increased by 35-35 paise per liter.
Petrol Price Today:
This is the third consecutive day of increase in prices. There was no change in rates on October 18 and 19, whereas prices were increased by 35 paise per liter every day for four consecutive days before that.
While petrol has already touched Rs 100 per liter or more in all major cities of the country, diesel has also crossed that level in over a dozen states and Rs 100 per liter in several cities from Srinagar to Chennai. Close to a litre. The most expensive fuel is in the border town of Ganganagar, Rajasthan.
Fuel rates in your city:
Delhi Petrol Rs 106.89 and Diesel Rs 95.62 per liter
Mumbai Petrol Rs 112.78 and Diesel Rs 103.63 per liter
Chennai Petrol Rs 103.92 and Diesel Rs 99.92 per liter
Kolkata Petrol Rs 107.44 and Diesel Rs 98.73 per liter
Since ending the three-week long gap in price changes in the last week of September, petrol and diesel prices have risen sharply. Prices vary from state to state depending on local taxes. International benchmark Brent crude touched $85 a barrel on Thursday. A month ago, Brent was priced at $73.92 a barrel.
Being a net importer of oil, India keeps petrol and diesel prices at par with international prices. The three-week hiatus in the rate revision for petrol on September 28 and for diesel on September 24 had ended due to the rise in international oil prices.
Stay tuned with the newstrack to get fastest updates. Click @englishnewstrack to follow us on Facebook and @newstrackmedia to follow on Twitter.
- International Day for Biological Diversity: Explore the peace and witness marvellous natural beauty spots in India
- India records 2,022 new Covid cases, 46 deaths in last 24 hours
- No order has been issued to surrender the ration card in the state: UP Food Commissioner
- Ground Breaking Ceremony 3: Nearly 62 Top Industry Captains confirm their arrival; PM Modi to perform Bhumi-pujan
- Jug Jugg Jeeyo Trailer: Varun Dhawan & Kiara Advani bring emotions & entertainment with Neetu, Anil Kapoor
- Y-FACTOR | Lord Shiva returns to Gyanvapi, After Lord Rama its Lord Shiva's turn | Yogesh Mishra
- Tokyo summit to review progress of Quad initiatives: PM Modi
- Bilateral with Biden, Quad summit: PM Modi elaborates Japan visit agenda
- 8 dead, 3 others injured in tragic accident in Uttar Pradesh; PM Modi, CM Yogi Adityanath mourn deaths
- North Korea's daily suspected COVID cases drop below 200,000, shows 'positive trend'