North Bengal tea garden workers to get 20 per cent bonus
Workers of 168 tea gardens in north Bengal will get a bonus of 20 per cent for the last fiscal as compared to 18.5 per cent in 2018-19, an official of Indian Tea Association (ITA) said.
Kolkata: Workers of 168 tea gardens in north Bengal will get a bonus of 20 per cent for the last fiscal as compared to 18.5 per cent in 2018-19, an official of Indian Tea Association (ITA) said.
Secretary-General of Indian Tea Association Arijit Raha said that the decision to give 20 per cent bonus to the north Bengal tea garden workers was taken on Friday night.
However, the bonus payout of the workers of Darjeeling tea industry is yet to be decided.
Raha said that the representatives of the tea planters had a virtual meeting with the operating trade unions of the tea industry after which the decision was taken.
He said that bonus payment will have to be made by October 7, 2020, adding that the trade unions have also agreed not to go for any agitation on any other pending issue.
Owing to crop shortfall in the current calendar year, tea prices have firmed up at the auctions both for north Bengal and Darjeeling tea.
- Monkeypox virus disease outbreak: New cases 'only tip of iceberg' but no urgent need for mass vaccinations, says WHO
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah actress Disha Vakani aka Daya ben blessed with a baby boy
- Don't make them dirty: Kejriwal's appeal as he flags off 150 e-buses for Delhi
- 'Tears in my eyes': Kejriwal lauds Punjab CM for sacking 'corrupt' minister
- Traders protest against removal of encroachment near Shri Krishna Janmabhoomi in Mathura
- Amidst pressure from China, Quad leaders meeting in Tokyo; America, Japan, Australia and India are participating
- Rules bar worship at 'non-living places', says govt over namaz at Qutub Minar
- Sensex opens 88 points above in early deals, trades at 54,376; Nifty above 16,240-mark
- Box Office: Yash starrer KGF 2 breaks existing records of Kannada films in Canada
- Meet the Top Teachers of the World: Super 30's Anand Kumar and Mathematics Guru RK Srivastava