Indore transporters to stop taking bookings from Chinese firms
Transporters in Indore have decided to stop taking fresh bookings from Chinese companies from Thursday to ferry their goods in protest against the killing of Indian soldiers in a violent clash with Chinas troops in Ladakh.
Indore- Transporters in Indore have decided to stop taking fresh bookings from Chinese companies from Thursday to ferry their goods in protest against the killing of Indian soldiers in a violent clash with Chinas troops in Ladakh.
Announcing the decision on Wednesday, CL Mukati, President, Indore Truck Operators and Transport Association, asked truck drivers and porters to join the protest against Chinese companies operating in India.
Twenty Indian Army personnel, including a colonel, were killed in a fierce clash with the Chinese troops in the Galwan Valley in eastern Ladakh on Monday night. It is the biggest military confrontation in over five decades that has significantly escalated the already volatile border standoff in the region.
We are deeply saddened by the martyrdom of 20 Indian soldiers in Ladakh. Against this cowardly act of China, we are going to stop bookings of Chinese companies for transportation of their goods from Thursday," said Mukati.
"Along with transporters, we are appealing to truck drivers and porters to join us in implementing our decision to stop transporting goods of Chinese companies," he said.
Mukati said transporters in Indore have about 45,000 small and big commercial vehicles through which they ferry goods across the country.
- PM Narendra Modi delighted about India's participation at Cannes Film Festival 2022; Calls it a 'milestone'
- GUDS eWHEELERS in Lucknow is set to Revolutionize Personal Mobility with India's first eWheelers Smart Mobility Hub
- '265 Ukrainian soldiers surrendered at Azovstal'
- Gyanvapi mosque case: Varanasi court removes commissioner
- Gyanvapi live: Seal area where 'Shivling' found but prayers shouldn't be hindered, says SC
- Bada Mangal 2022: Story of Bade Mangal in Lucknow, what is its relation to Hanuman; All you need to know
- Baghpat News: Rakesh Tikait breaks silence; blames BJP for rift in BKU
- As deadline ends, Gyanvapi survey official to seek more time from UP court
- Covid-19 fourth wave: India reports 1,569 fresh cases, 19 deaths in past 24 hours
- Gyanvapi Mosque Row: Asaduddin Owaisi opposes survey, says 'lost Babri Masjid, don't want to lose another'