Gold rises Rs 761; silver jumps Rs 1,308
Gold in the national capital rose by Rs 761 to Rs 48,414 per 10 gram on Tuesday in-tandem with spike in international prices of the precious metal and rupee depreciation, according to HDFC Securities.
New Delhi- Gold in the national capital rose by Rs 761 to Rs 48,414 per 10 gram on Tuesday in-tandem with spike in international prices of the precious metal and rupee depreciation, according to HDFC Securities.
In the previous trade, the yellow metal had closed at Rs 47,653 per 10 gram.
The rupee dropped by 17 paise to close at 76.20 against the US dollar on Tuesday.
Silver also jumped Rs 1,308 to Rs 49,204 per kg from Rs 47,896 per kg on Monday.
In the international market, gold was quoting higher at USD 1,731 per ounce and silver at USD 17.49 per ounce.
"Gold prices resumed uptrend on Tuesday after the US Fed announced to expand the bond buying program," HDFC Securities Senior Analyst (Commodities) Tapan Patel said.
- Monkeypox virus disease outbreak: New cases 'only tip of iceberg' but no urgent need for mass vaccinations, says WHO
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah actress Disha Vakani aka Daya ben blessed with a baby boy
- Don't make them dirty: Kejriwal's appeal as he flags off 150 e-buses for Delhi
- 'Tears in my eyes': Kejriwal lauds Punjab CM for sacking 'corrupt' minister
- Traders protest against removal of encroachment near Shri Krishna Janmabhoomi in Mathura
- Amidst pressure from China, Quad leaders meeting in Tokyo; America, Japan, Australia and India are participating
- Rules bar worship at 'non-living places', says govt over namaz at Qutub Minar
- Sensex opens 88 points above in early deals, trades at 54,376; Nifty above 16,240-mark
- Box Office: Yash starrer KGF 2 breaks existing records of Kannada films in Canada
- Meet the Top Teachers of the World: Super 30's Anand Kumar and Mathematics Guru RK Srivastava