Bank Holiday July 2021: Banks to remain closed for 3 days from tomorrow in these cities
Banks across the country will remain closed for Eid al Adha on July 21
If you have any bank-related work pending for which you need to visit the branch and you're planning to step out, then you may need to wait for at least three days. Banks in some cities will remain closed for three days starting July 19 due to various festivals.
As per the Reserve Bank of India holiday calendar, banks remain closed on all Sundays and Second Saturdays apart from the national holidays. However, there are some state-specific holidays for which the banks in that particular state remain closed.
Bank Holiday July 2021:
On July 16, banks in Uttarakhand were closed on account of the Harela festival. On July 17, Agartala and Shillong banks were closed because of U Tirot Sing Day and Kharchi Puja, respectively.
The bank will remain shut in Sikkim on July 19 on account of Guru Rimpoche's Thungkar Tshechu.
On July 20, on account of Bakrid, banks will remain close in Jammu and Kochi.
Banks across the country will remain closed for Eid al Adha on July 21. However, banks in Aizawl, Bhubaneshwar, Gangtok, Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram will remain open on July 21.
In Agartala, the banks will be shut on July 31 because of Ker Puja.
Banks will also remain closed on 24 and 25 July.
Banks to remain closed for three days from 19 July
18 July – Sunday
19 July-Monday (Guru Rimpoche's Thungkar Tshechu)
20 July- Tuesday (Bakrid)
21 July- Wednesday - (Bakri Id (Id-Ul-Zuha) (Eid-UI-Adha)
24 July – Fourth Saturday
25 July – Sunday
31 July- Saturday (Ker Puja)
Stay tuned with the newstrack to get fastest updates. Click @englishnewstrack to follow us on Facebook and @newstrackmedia to follow on Twitter.
- Grand Omaxe Society residents hail 'bulldozer baba' after action against Shrikant Tyagi's Noida residence
- Sensex gains 110 pts in early trade; Nifty above 17,400 in opening trade
- CLAT 2023: Registration begins today, here's direct link & how to apply
- Married couple to Get Rs 72,000 yearly pension by investing just Rs 200 per month, here's how
- Twinkle Khanna has an epic reaction to Ranveer Singh's nude photoshoot: The photographs seem underexposed
- Attention! Dangerous chemicals are dissolved in rain water
- Maha cabinet expansion before Aug 15; Fadnavis to get Home
- PM Modi chairs NITI Aayog's governing council meeting
- Boxers Amit Panghal and Nitu Ghanghas win gold
- After Sri Lanka, massive protests erupt in Bangladesh over fuel price hike