Bank Holidays in February: Banks to remain shut for 12 days next month, check important dates
RBI holidays are placed under three brackets – Holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act; Holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act and Real-Time Gross Settlement Holiday; and Banks’ Closing of Accounts.
Bank Holidays in February: Banks will be closed for a total of 12 days in February 2022 due to several festive occasions in many states/regions and weekend offs. Reserve Bank of India's (RBI) list of holidays for February suggest that banks will remain closed on select days in various parts of the country.
However, banks across the country will remain closed on Saturday and Sunday holidays. Moreover, on occasions such as Basant Panchami and Guru Ravidas Jayanti, banks will be closed in many parts of the country.
Banks will also remain closed in the various parts of the country due to local festivals and occasions. However, not all banks in the country will remain closed on such occasions.
For instance, on February 2, banks will remain closed in Gangtok due to the occasion of Sonam Lhochhar. Similarly, banks in select states will remain shut for a few days while banks in other states will remain shut on other days.
Here's the complete list of bank holidays in February 2022:
February 2 - Sonam Lhochhar (Gangtok)
February 5 - Saraswati Puja/ Shri Panchami/Shri Panchami Basant Panchami (Agartala, Bhubaneswar, Kolkata)
February 6 – First Sunday
February 12 – Second Saturday
February 13 - Second Sunday
February 15 - Mohammad Hazrat Ali Birthday/Louis-Nagai-Ni (Imphal, Kanpur, Lucknow)
February 16 - Guru Ravidas Jayanti (Chandigarh)
February 18 - Doljatra (Kolkata)
February 19 - Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Jayanti (Belapur, Mumbai, Nagpur)
February 20 – Third Sunday
February 26 – Fourth Saturday of the month
February 27 – Fourth Sunday
RBI bank holidays are placed under three brackets – Holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act; Holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act and Real-Time Gross Settlement Holiday; and Banks' Closing of Accounts.
- Australia PM Scott Morrison loses national elections, labor party to take power
- Centre cuts excise duty on petrol by ₹8 per litre, diesel by ₹6: Sitharaman
- MI vs DC IPL 2022 Predicted XI: Arjun Tendulkar to make debut in Mumbai Indians' final match?
- Ramban tunnel collapse: Five bodies found so far, five labourers still missing
- Russia says destroyed Western weapons shipped to Ukraine
- Indian Army Recruitment 2022: Various vacancies released at joinindianarmy.nic.in, check details
- No global grain shortage, says India, defends curbs on wheat export
- No heatwave likely next week in Delhi, parts of north India: Top 10 updates
- Laal Singh Chaddha: Aamir Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan starrer trailer to be unveiled on IPL 2022 Finale
- Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2: Kartik Aaryan, Kiara Advani's film releases, see review, BO prediction & more