Bank Holidays August 2021: Banks to remain closed for 15 days in total; check full list
Banks will remain closed for 15 days in the month of August, including second and fourth Saturdays, and Sundays
Bank holidays August 2021: All private and public sector banks will remain closed for 15 days this month, including second and fourth Saturdays, and Sundays, as per the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) holiday calendar.
Bank Holidays August 2021
Banks will remain closed for 8 days in the month of August and the remaining days are that of weekends. Banks in most states will observe a holiday on 19 August 2021, on account of Muharram.
Apart from Muharram, banks will remain closed on Janmashtami, Parse New Year, Onam and other occasions. Notably, the bank holidays depend on the festivals being observed in specific states and vary from one state to another. This year, 15 August falls on a Sunday.
Here is the full list of bank holidays in August 2021:
01 August 2021 – Weekly off (Sunday)
08 August 2021 – Weekly off (Sunday)
13 August: Patriot's Day (Manipur)
14 August 2021 – Second Saturday
15 August 2021 – Weekly off (Sunday), Independence Day
16 August: Parse New Year (Maharashtra)
19 August: Muharram (Tripura, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, West Bengal and other states)
20 August: Onam (Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu)
21 August: Thiruvonam (Kerala)
22 August 2021 – Weekly off (Sunday)
23 August: Sree Narayana Guru Jayanthi (holiday in Kerala)
28 August 2021 – Fourth Saturday
29 August 2021 – Weekly off (Sunday)
30 August: Janmashtami: (Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and other states)
31 August: Sri Krishna Ashtami (Telangana and Andhra Pradesh)
All banks remain shut on public holidays. Only gazetted holidays are recognised by the banks across the country.
Stay tuned with the newstrack to get fastest updates. Click @englishnewstrack to follow us on Facebook and @newstrackmedia to follow on Twitter.
- International Day for Biological Diversity: Explore the peace and witness marvellous natural beauty spots in India
- India records 2,022 new Covid cases, 46 deaths in last 24 hours
- No order has been issued to surrender the ration card in the state: UP Food Commissioner
- Ground Breaking Ceremony 3: Nearly 62 Top Industry Captains confirm their arrival; PM Modi to perform Bhumi-pujan
- Jug Jugg Jeeyo Trailer: Varun Dhawan & Kiara Advani bring emotions & entertainment with Neetu, Anil Kapoor
- Y-FACTOR | Lord Shiva returns to Gyanvapi, After Lord Rama its Lord Shiva's turn | Yogesh Mishra
- Tokyo summit to review progress of Quad initiatives: PM Modi
- Bilateral with Biden, Quad summit: PM Modi elaborates Japan visit agenda
- 8 dead, 3 others injured in tragic accident in Uttar Pradesh; PM Modi, CM Yogi Adityanath mourn deaths
- North Korea's daily suspected COVID cases drop below 200,000, shows 'positive trend'