Shocker: Jawaharbagh miscreants were backed up by UP minister
Mathura: In a shocking disclosure concerning the recent Jawaharbagh operation of Mathura in Uttar Pradesh, sources revealed the prime squatter Ramvriksha Yadav and his accomplices were consistently backed up by a prominent minister of UP government and that the policemen were given orders not to take action against them.
Furthermore, sources also said the government was already aware of the miscreants’ possession of illegal arms and explosives but, the policemen were still sent at the ‘danger zone’ to evict the agitators.
Also Read: Jawaharbagh violence: UP CM holds police responsible
- BJP state president Keshav Prasad Maurya had levelled direct allegation on senior UP leader Shivpal Singh Yadav in this regard, which the UP political heavyweight repulsed vehemently.
- The unnamed UP minister used to remain in touch with Mathura police and ordered them to be lenient with the squatters, told the sources.
- Asking them to be patient, the minister kept reassuring the police that the men would someday leave Jawaharbagh on their own.
- Sources told a report was sent by the Mathura district magistrate (DM) to the Home Secretary last year, informing about possession of illegal weapons by men in Jawaharbagh.
- It was also revealed that the men occupying the 'disputed land' were frequently given arms training.
Also Read: Jawaharbagh Violence: Rajnath expresses anguish, calls UP CM
As many as 21 people including two police officers were killed in the Jawaharbagh violence, which took place following removal of encroachment on Thursday last.
Principal Secretary, Home Debashish Panda and Uttar Pradesh Director General of Police (DGP) Javeed Ahmad, reached the spot on instructions of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to take stock of the situation.
Around 400 people were taken into custody and the situation was brought under control.
Pradeep Bhatnagar, Agra Divisional Commissioner was probing the case.
Also Read: Operation Jawaharbagh: Gunfight kills SHO and SP, injures 11
What Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said:
While the CM ruled out a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the incident, he acknowledged that the policemen were ill-prepared. He said that the police should have been 'more prepared' before trying to get the land vacated.
"There were some lapses. Police should have gone well-prepared, but there was no information that they would be having so much of arms and ammunition," Yadav told media persons on the sidelines of an event on Friday.